Monday, September 10, 2012


A whirlwind 30 days....and the first one month birthday celebration

It's been a whirlwind. 30 days went like zip. So may visitors over the past 3 weeks since we arrived from the hospital. Tons of presents; I practically have no space to store them. Numerous clothes. And of course, amenities from Jonson & Jonsons cannot go unnoticed. To top it all, Daddy dearest is so much into this new baby stuff that he lands up with all the latest stuff from Mothercare. Seemed like everything just happened in a flash!

It is now time to celebrate Mimi's one month birthday. I don't know if anyone really does this sort of a thing, but why should that stop me. I am a happy mum of a beautiful princess, and I did not intend to waste celebrating any of the occasions in my daughter's life. So out came the birthday hats, balloons and ribbons. The house was colorfully decorated. A new dress is a given for such an important occasion.

My cousin took charge of the birthday cake. Definitely had to be a chocolate one. I had tons of chocolate cake when I was pregnant. That was my only craving. Maybe that’s the reason why my daughter is always so energetic and active.

 Anyways, its evening and time to get ready for the party. My mum arranges for a table full of finger foods. Yummy! Guests arrive; uncles, aunts, grandparents, great-grandparents. My daughter is just so lucky to have such loving family, not just her mum and dad, but the extended family too. Everyone is just so excited to celebrate this occasion with her.

Mimi is dressed and ready to blow the candle (I’ll do that on her behalf) and cut the cake (again that’s going to be me doing that for her). However, I cannot but give her a little lick of the chocolate cream from the cake. It was just so tasty. The remaining pieces were cut and mum and sis served to the invites.

It was a fun day. I’m so glad I did this. Something different for my little girl. I hope she appreciates it when she grows up and understands. I've kept the candle from the cake and the cards she received today. I'm thinking of starting a scrap book for her. Just the everyday stuff  that she uses and the things you can't really find in a baby record book. 

I am happy that I am getting the opportunity to create so many lovely memories for her. And she in turn for me. Isn' that what being mum is all about?

1 comment:

  1. So cute--stopping by from Clean Water Mom. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete